Wednesday, June 1

Une Belle-Beille histoire

This weekend I moved out of my student dorm. I couldn't imagine the amount of stuff I'd accumulated.  After a lot of sorting I packed it all into 2 bags and 1 portfolio. It's a weird sight, having your entire life neatly packed and sitting by your door. Everyone has said their goodbyes to Cité Universitare de Belle-Beille and Lakanal and how it's my turn. I can't say I'll miss the crappy bus service or the weirdos that hang out at the corner by le Tabac du Lac. What I will miss is cooking with friends every night, bonfires by the pond and cramming 20 people into nine square meters. Here are some photos from some of my time spent at Belle-Beille.

Honey. 
Emma and José Maria - these two are great together

A shot of my room in February with huge hands!

Campfires in the bushes.  Ah-wimb-a-way, ah-wimb-a-way....


The agriculture campus had parties every second thursday and Erasmus students crashed just about everyone. 

Cheap sangria & dancing on the bar

Paddy playing guitar on St. Patricks day

Big dinners in our communal kitchens 
Having a picnic outside our residence between classes. Sometimes we didn't make it back to class.


A beautiful surprise Claire left at my doorstep one night.


Sitting around after Sunday brunch

For Jill's birthday we all got dressed up and went to dinner. Rachel did all of our make-up, what a star!

Shane gave me this mirror when he left, such a treat for a couple weeks. The flowers on the left were picked from a construction site. There are wild poppies everywhere.

1 comment: